The A B C’s of the Gospel
The gospel message which Missionary Ekblad took to China was simple, yet life-changing. It was the same gospel we have today, and it is the power of God unto salvation (Romans 1:16). It is this gospel which makes a man into a new creature, where old things are passed away, and all things are become new (II Corinthians 5:17). It is this gospel which brings us forgiveness of sins and assurance of eternal life in heaven (I John 5:13). This gospel is God’s message for all mankind. What is this gospel?
Admit you are a sinner, separated from God, and your sin must be punished by eternal death.
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Believe that Jesus, God’s sinless son, took that punishment on the cross for you, and He rose from the dead and lives in heaven, wanting you to receive His forgivensss.
- Romans 10:9, 10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Call upon the Lord, in faith, to save you.
- Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Deny that you can do anything to help save yourself. Nothing, whether good works, church membership, baptism, or anything else, can help you earn forgiveness and a place in God’s heaven. Salvation is only by grace received through faith in what God says in His word, the Bible.
- Ephesians 2:8, 9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast.
- Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.